Carpet Flooring in Staten Island, NY
Nothing says “home” quite like a lush, inviting carpet. With more carpeting continuing to offer us more and more smart, stylish, comfortable, and sustainable options, now is a better time than ever to upgrade your soft-surface flooring. At Fox Floors Carpet One Floor & Home, we’re here to help you make smarter flooring decisions, with carpeting products to please every need, budget, and style.
Whether your personal style is classical or contemporary, we have carpet, area rug, and stair runner options that are bound to please. In fact, even pet lovers or parents of little kids can now safely enjoy a soft surface. If you’re considering a new carpet, here are things to consider.
Our Carpet Selection
Carpet pile, which is the common name for your rug’s fibers, plays a vital role in your carpet’s feel and function. There are natural piles, such as wool, as well as synthetic pile, like olefin and nylon. Carpet can be constructed in various forms, including cut loop and loop, frieze, Berber, patterned, and Saxony.
- Loop and Cut-Loop Carpet: Standard cut pile carpet features evenly trimmed yarn loops, creating a soft and plush surface. The exposed fiber ends provide it with a velvety appearance and a smooth texture that feels gentle underfoot. People often choose this carpet for areas where comfort is a priority, such as bedrooms and living rooms. However, it's worth noting that because the surface is denser, it may show footprints and vacuum marks more visibly. On the plus side, its luxurious appearance is easy to clean and maintain.
- Berber Carpet: Berber carpet stands out due to its looped fibers, which give it a textured surface. These loops can be of the same height or different heights, resulting in intriguing visual effects. Berber carpets exude a natural and laid-back style, with the loops creating a unique pattern. Thanks to these loops, Berber carpets are highly durable and well-suited for high-traffic areas. However, it's important to be aware that dealing with stains might be somewhat more challenging due to the looped structure.
- Patterned Carpet: Patterned carpet is crafted by utilizing both cut and looped yarns, resulting in a variety of patterns, designs, and textures on the surface. These patterns introduce an interesting look and depth, making it a stylish choice for any room in need of character. This type of carpet excels at concealing footprints and vacuum marks, in contrast to regular cut piles. Additionally, it's sturdy, making it suitable for areas with significant foot traffic.
- Saxony Carpet: Saxony carpet is designed to handle the everyday wear and tear of life. It features a cut-pile design, ensuring its strength and durability. Thanks to this, you won't find yourself needing to replace it frequently to maintain its appealing appearance.
- Frieze Carpet: Frieze carpet is renowned for its unique texture. It's crafted with long, twisted fibers in a cut pile style, resulting in a slightly curled appearance. These twists enable it to effectively hide footprints and vacuum marks, making it a practical choice for areas with significant activity.
- Stain-resistant Carpet: Stain-resistant carpet is a beautiful addition to households of every size. It’s easy to maintain a clean and odor-free space with these peak performers. Stain-resistant carpeting comes with specially coated fibers that have been proven to prevent even the harshest stain types from sinking in. Just dab away spills using fresh water and a clean towel and you're good to go.
What are the Different Carpet Fiber Types?
Fibers affect how a carpet feels and functions in your home. Our selection of synthetic fibers includes nylon, polyester, triexta, and olefin. Find out more about our carpet fibers below.
- Nylon: Durable and resistant to wear, a good choice for high-traffic areas. It can also be treated to be stain-resistant.
- Polyester: Often compared to nylon, Polyester is soft and stain-resistant but less durable than nylon. However, it comes at a lower price point than Nylon too.
- Olefin (Polypropylene): Resistant to moisture and stains, suitable for areas prone to spills. These fibers are also incredibly soft and are great for carpets with patterns
- Wool: Luxurious, soft, and naturally resistant to stains but tends to be more expensive.
Commercial Carpet Options in Staten Island, NY
Carpet is not restricted to homes. Durable and resistant to most stains, the carpet is practical in commercial settings. Loop styles are especially practical because they are ideal for heavy traffic. Installing commercial carpets is more time-consuming and demanding, but we can oversee all steps of your installation. Our selection of commercial carpet flooring includes carpet tiles that are easy to clean and replaceable if damaged. There is also a broadloom commercial carpet that is resistant to stains and can easily be vacuumed.
Professional Carpet Installation in Staten Island, NY
Fox Floors Carpet One Floor & Home is proud to be affiliated with the world’s largest independent flooring store cooperative. With our purchasing power spanning our entire network, we can offer you incredible variety, value, and services. Our highly skilled installation team has years of experience, to ensure a flawless installation of your carpet. We handle the challenging aspects, allowing you to relish your beautiful floor without any worries. Our warranties, such as "The Beautiful Guarantee," promise a perfect, long-lasting installation. If, within 30 days, you find yourself unsatisfied with your new carpet installation, we commit to replacing it with a similar one at no additional cost. Your satisfaction remains our top priority. We work efficiently, ensuring your new carpet is ready for you to enjoy promptly. Use our team of flooring experts and witness the significant impact of expertise.
Contact us or stop by our showroom. Proudly serving Staten Island and the surrounding communities of Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, Woodbridge, Westfield, Scotch Plains, Mountainside, Summit, Edison, Matawan, South Amboy, Bayonne, Hoboken, Jersey City, Piscataway, Middletown, Sayreville, and Manalapan Township, NJ.